General InformationThis performance opportunity is being organized for performers by Spirit of America Productions for award-winning individuals and teams.
Spirit of America Productions produces two performances in the Parade.
The CHEER performance consists of high school & all-star cheerleaders selected nationwide. These performers must be between 14-18 years of age.
The DANCE performance consists of dancers from high schools & studios from across the country. These performers must be between 14-18 years of age.
Placement of performers in each production is at the discretion of Spirit of America Productions.
When Spirit of America is asked to perform in the OPENING PRODUCTION of the Parade, the group may or may not have the opportunity to walk the entire parade. Macy's makes this decision on the needs of the Parade.
OPTIONAL Airport / Hotel Shuttle Service
If you are traveling alone or would like to have a Spirit of America Productions staff member meet you at the airport, a meet and greet service will be provided for an additional charge. A shuttle service return to the airport will also be provided on departure day for an additional charge. Arrival and departure times must be considered when booking a flight as our transportation is only offered during the following:
- Upon arrival on Saturday, November 18th transportation to the hotel from LaGuardia International Airport will be provided only between 10:00am and 5:00pm. We do not pick up at JFK, Newark or Islip airports.
- Upon departing New York Hilton on Friday, November 24th, transportation to LaGuardia International Airport will be provided only between 5:00am and 12:00 noon. If your flight is scheduled to depart prior to 8:00am or after 3:00pm you will be responsible for your own transportation to the airport. In order to qualify for these services you must book your flight reservation arriving and/or departing from LaGuardia International Airport.
- You must have your flight itinerary submitted online, on or before September 15 or a $25.00 late fee will be charged. It is your responsibility to update any schedule changes, flight number changes, etc. immediately. If we are not notified of your changes in a timely manner, transportation will not be guaranteed.
Services to include:
- Arrival Day ($50 per person)
- Staff member to meet and greet individual(s) at baggage claim at LaGuardia Airport
- A charter bus to the New York Hilton Midtown
- Departure Day ($50 per person)
- A charter bus to LaGuardia Airport
- Spirit of America will provide a charter bus to your designated terminal at LaGuardia International Airport. At least one (1) staff member will be on the charter bus to assist as needed.
Spirit of America Productions will not provide transportation to or from the hotel for those taking the train, bus, or those flying into or out of JFK, Newark or Islip International airports.
Each person is allowed one (1) suitcase. You may check the one (1) suitcase and carry onto the plane your event bag and one other small item (i.e. purse.) The hotel porterage provides for only one (1) piece of checked luggage. Carry-ons must stay in your possession. Please note the following airline luggage regulations (and check with your specific airline prior to departure for updates).
- Your one (1) piece of checked luggage can weigh no more than 50lbs.
- The linear inches of this one (1) piece cannot exceed 62 inches. To determine the linear size of your luggage add together the length, plus width, plus height.
- Please note that if your checked luggage weighs more than 50lbs or is oversized the airline will charge you additional fees.
- Check with your airline provider concerning checked luggage charges.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
$400.00 Deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE but is transferable to someone NEW taking your place. It is NOT transferable to someone already registered on the event. Transfer must happen at time of cancellation and prior to September 15th. Notification of cancellations and request for transfer must be made in writing by a parent/guardian or coach/director, and should be emailed to Macys@SpiritofAmericaProductions.com . We strongly recommend cancellation insurance.
Any change to the master rooming list after September 15th will incur a $100 change fee per room affected.
- Performers and Spectators on our package may room together.
- The Hilton limits the number of people in a room to 4 individuals. The Hilton does not permit rollaway beds to be added to a room.
- If your school/studio has 5 performers traveling together:
- Room 4 together and we will put the 5th in a room with 3 other individuals. This allows everyone to pay the QUAD rate.
- Room 3 as a TRIPLE and 2 as a DOUBLE.
- Room 3 as a TRIPLE and 2 as a QUAD with 2 other individuals.
- If your school/studio has 1 or 2 total performers and NO adults traveling with your group, we will assist you in placing you in a room with other performers traveling without adults.
- Performers and spectators will be responsible for any increase in supplement pay if someone from your school/studio cancels.
- Spirit of America Productions will NOT assist any Spectator in locating roommates.
- Please indicate on your application form the one point of contact for your school/gym/studio (This must be an adult.) The ONE person per school/gym/studio should be the ONLY point of contact to Spirit of America Productions regarding your rooming questions.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Meal Coupons include a multitude of items from which to select.
Participating restaurants include: Au Bon Pain; McDonalds; Sbarro (pizza, pasta, salad); COSI; Pax/Europa and Cafe' Metro [subject to change].
- We STRONGLY encourage trip cancellation insurance. Log onto www.insuremytrip.com for purchasing procedures. This information is provided to you as a courtesy and protects the event participant and /or spectator if you cancel the trip.
It must be purchased within seven (7) days of registration deadline in order to qualify for pre-existing conditions. Note: Your $400 deposit is NOT refundable by Spirit of America Productions. Once your final payment is made, no refunds are issued by Spirit of America Productions regardless of circumstances. Note: In the event the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is cancelled after the refund period, participants and spectators may still take advantage of the amenities offered in this package.
- Please note that Spirit of America Productions and Macy’s offers NO SPECIAL PARADE SEATING. You may enjoy the Parade by standing on the street (more information will be offered once you arrive in New York).
Call or Email for additional information:
- Wheelchairs and crutches are not available through Spirit of America Productions.
Information can be provided on where to rent these items in New York by contacting the Spirit of America Productions office.
- Performers must be able to walk down the line-of-march without assistance in order to participate.
- Please arrive in New York in good physical and healthy condition; the week is demanding. We provide First Aid staff and Athletic Trainers and the hotel does provide an “on-call” doctor at your expense.
- If a performer arrives in New York without an adult and the hotel “on call” doctor advises us that they are contagious we will automatically place the participant in a single room and charge the single room supplement or return the participant home at the parent’s expense.
Spirit of America Productions
214-802-5534 or 214-692-5596
Via FedEx, UPS or any overnight service:
Spirit of America Productions
Attn: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®
6044 Bellevue PL Frisco, Texas 75034
Via regular mail:Spirit of America Productions
Attn: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®
P.O. Box 5524
Frisco, Texas 75035